Duke basketball vs. Virginia Tech live updates

Duke 85, Virginia Tech 57 (final): On senior night, the three Blue Devil leaders made their presence felt in an easy win, combining for 52 points. With just over two minutes left to play, Coach K began the ritualistic process of subbing out Kelly, Curry and Plumlee to standing ovations from the fans in Cameron Indoor Stadium.

Highlight for Duke fans: with 1:11 left to play, Coach K called a substitution timeout to insert senior walk-on Todd Zafirovski to the wild cheers of the Cameron Crazies.

Duke 73, Virginia Tech 55 (4:22 second half): Even the nation's leading scorer can't keep this one close, as Duke is beginning to pull away. The Hokies have no answer for Plumlee on the inside and Curry and Cook on the perimeter. Virginia Tech is struggling to find scoring outside of Green and Eddie, and deficit is beginning to grow. Curry now leads all Blue Devil scorers with 20.

Duke 64, Virginia Tech 53 (7:20 second half): Quinn Cook continues to contribute on the offensive, supporting Kelly and Curry with 14 points of his own. Despite Green's stellar offensive performance thus far, Duke is beginning to pull away from the Hokies. The Blue Devils' 9-for-19 three-point shooting is the difference in the game.

Duke 57, Virginia Tech 47 (10:41 second half): Erick Green continues to shred the Blue Devil defense—the nation's leading scorer has 19 points thus far. But the duo of Kelly and Curry is proving to be too much for the Hokies to contain, as the pair of seniors has combined for 34 points. Duke's defensive rebounding has improved tremendously in the second period, preventing Virgina Tech from converting the easy second-chance buckets that kept them in the game during the opening period.

Duke 51, Virginia Tech 39 (15:47 second half): Mason Plumlee made his presence felt immediately in the second half, converting a tough look inside for two points on Duke's opening possession and then throwing down a dunk on his next trip down the court. Cameron Indoor erupted after Seth Curry knocked down his third and fourth three-pointers of the game, forcing a Virginia Tech timeout and giving Duke a 12-point lead.

Duke 38, Virginia Tech 35 (halftime): The Blue Devils started the first half without the same level of intensity they brought against Miami Saturday, but nonetheless hold a slight lead heading into the second period. Plumlee has looked flat thus far, contributing just three points and three rebounds, even with Virginia Tech's two biggest inside presences in early foul trouble. Duke continues to struggle with its defensive rebounding, allowing the Hokies to grab nine boards on the offensive end and out-rebound the Blue Devils 21-15. Green and Eddie have led the charge for Virginia Tech thus far, combining for 20 points. Kelly once again leads the way for Duke, scoring 14 points on 4-of-7 shooting. Curry and Cook have combined for 19 points thus far.

Duke 34, Virginia Tech 28 (2:41 first half): Turnovers are preventing Duke from finding its rhythm on the offensive end, while Virginia Tech continues to effectively crash the offensive glass. Kelly is finding ways to score both inside and out, driving to the basket repeatedly and getting to the foul line for easy points. Plumlee picked up his second foul with over five minutes to play and headed to the bench with only three points thus far. The Hokies turned to a two-three zone only to have Quinn Cook sink a deep three-pointer and begin a scoring run that would give Duke the lead.

Duke 22, Virginia Tech 24 (7:23 first half): Green leads all scorers with 9 points. Even with starting forward Cadarian Raines on the bench for most of the half, Plumlee has seen few good looks down low and has essentially been a non-factor thus far with just three points and three rebounds. Kelly is leading the way for the Blue Devils with eight points on 3-of-5 shooting.

Duke 18, Virginia Tech 21 (9:29 first half): Kelly knocked down his second three to bring Duke within four before Green drove downcourt for an easy bucket and his seventh point. On the Blue Devil's next possession, Curry knocked down a three for his first points of the game, only to have Green convert another bucket in the paint on the Hokies' ensuing possession.

Duke 10, Virginia Tech 17 (11:36 first half): The Blue Devils are struggling to control the defensive glass and prevent easy baskets in the paint. Eddie leads all scorers with eight points, while Seth Curry, Rasheed Sulaimon and Quinn Cook have combined for just two points to start the game.

Duke 8, Virginia Tech 10 (14:56 first half): Jarell Eddie started off the scoring for the Hokies by knocking down two three-pointers off assists from Erick Green. Cadarian Raines went to the bench less than three minutes into the half with two fouls opening up the paint for Mason Plumlee. Ryan Kelly started right where he left off against Miami by knocking down his first three-point attempt, but easy put backs by Virginia Tech leave the Blue Devils trailing early on.

Duke Starters: G Quinn Cook, G Seth Curry, G Rasheed Sulaimon, F Ryan Kelly, F Mason Plumlee

Virginia Tech Starters: G Erick Green, G Robert Brown, F Jarell Eddie, F Cadarian Raines, F C.J. Barksdale

Pregame: We're live from Cameron Indoor Stadium on senior night, as No. 3 Duke (25-4, 12-4) gets set to take on Virginia Tech (13-16, 4-12) at 7 p.m. The Blue Devils are coming off a 79-76 win over Miami last Saturday. Ryan Kelly returned to action against the Hurricanes and poured in 36 points in his first action since January 8th against Clemson. Duke's first meeting with the Hokies this year took place in Blacksburg on February 21st and ended in a 32-point Blue Devil victory led by Seth Curry's 22 points. Follow along here and on twitter @dukebasketball for live updates.

Share and discuss “Duke basketball vs. Virginia Tech live updates” on social media.