Best quotes: previewing Duke vs. Creighton

No. 2 seed Duke and No. 7 seed Creighton talked about the importance of Sunday's Round of 32 matchup and their preparation for the ensuing battle in their pre-game press conferences Saturday.

Here are some of the best quotes from the Blue Devils:

• "This is our senior year.  If we lose, we're done playing basketball for Duke.  We don't want to accept that.  We can't afford to lose."—Ryan Kelly
  • "Being at Duke, you walk through our Hall of Fame, just walk on our court and see the banners, like you know what's at stake and what there is to be gained by winning this tournament.  I think the young guys have a pretty good understanding of what it means."—Mason Plumlee
  • "You know, we've been lucky to be in great moments.  I think the tournament is a tournament of moments, and I believe as we—it's kind of like the Masters in golf, where you remember what happened on the 16th hole in 1964.  I don't know golf that much, so don't quote me on it, and I think moments should always be celebrated in the current tournament that you're playing, because the current tournament you're playing brings forward all the past tournaments."—Mike Krzyzewski

And the best quotes from the Blue Jays:

• "It's a huge opportunity for our program, like Grant said, ever since we lost to Carolina last year we've been working for this moment, and we're finally here.  So we're really excited about it.  It's come really fast, but we're ready for it and definitely excited to get out there and play them."—Doug McDermott
  • "I've coached against [Coach Krzyzewski] before, so I'm part of his, I don't know, 1,500 wins or whatever the heck he has now.  It seems like he's got a lot.  But I coached against him when I was at Iowa State.  It was not a pleasant experience.  The most pleasant part of it was probably shaking his hand before the game.  After that it wasn't that much fun.  They put it on us pretty good. But obviously he's been great for college basketball, a great ambassador for basketball in general with his role with team USA and what he's done at the collegiate level.  He's been a—there aren't many that have had the impact on college basketball that Coach K has.  It's an honor to know him and certainly stand on the same court with him."—Greg McDermott, Creighton head coach and father of Doug McDermott

Share and discuss “Best quotes: previewing Duke vs. Creighton” on social media.