2013 NCAA Tournament bracket preview

Make sure to head over to our main site today for a breakdown of every team in the 2013 NCAA Tournament.

You can click on any team in the bracket and get a breakdown of the team's season, a look at how they make a run, and a look at how they can falter. Here is an example:

Virginia Commonwealth Rams

Record: 26-8, 12-4 in the Atlantic 10

Head coach: Shaka Smart (4th season)

Season summary: The Rams signature “Havoc” defense—featuring high-energy traps, constant double teams and intense full court pressure out of both man and zone sets—paid off for Smart’s squad again this season as VCU led its conference in both steals per game (11.9) and turnover margin (+8.0). Both Butler and Memphis fell victim to the relentless Rams, while Duke escaped with a nine-point victory during the Blue Devils record-setting November. VCU makes almost eight three-pointers per game with its four-guard starting lineup but still ranks 103rd in the country in 3-point field goal percentage.

How they make a run: Opposing ball handlers are caught unaware by VCU’s stifling defense and the Rams dictate the pace of the game, allowing them to match their prolific scoring so far this season (78.0 PPG) through three-point attempts and sheer volume.

How they falter: The Rams get beaten inside as the opposition maintains enough control to feed the post consistently and 6-foot-9 Juvonte Reddic comes up short against other post men.

—Michael Schreiner

Share and discuss “2013 NCAA Tournament bracket preview” on social media.