Duke signee Semi Ojeleye breaks all-time Kansas scoring record

Class of 2013 Blue Devil signee Semi Ojeleye made history Tuesday night, becoming the state of Kansas' all-time leading scorer.

Ojeleye passed the previous record of 2,554 career-points with a made free throw at the 2:05 mark of the third quarter against Eduora.

Josh Reid of Brewster, Kan. had held the all-time scoring record since 1996, and nobody, until Ojeleye, had come close to breaking the mark.

Here is footage of Ojeleye breaking the record:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGIjpECNgdM&feature=youtu.be

The chiseled 6-foot-7 wing scored 26 points as his team, Ottawa High School (Ottawa, Kan.), rolled to a 65-27 victory.

The Cyclones are undefeated at 19-0 and are the top-ranked team in the 4A classification.

Despite his remarkable senior campaign with an average scoring output of over 40 points per game, Ojeleye was not selected to participate in the McDonald's All-American game or the Jordan Brand Classic game.

Ojeleye is the No. 36 ranked player in the class of 2013, according to ESPN.

Forward Jabari Parker—the No. 2 player in the class of 2013—and Matt Jones, a sharpshooting 6-foot-4 shooting guard, will join Ojeleye in Durham next season as head coach Mike Krzyzewski's next crop of freshmen.

Duke's 2013 recruiting class is rated as the No. 2 class in the country by Scout.com.

Share and discuss “Duke signee Semi Ojeleye breaks all-time Kansas scoring record” on social media.