Duke Engineering Student Government endorses Bhutani for Young Trustee

It is with confidence that the Engineering Student Government endorses Gurdane Bhutani for the position of Young Trustee. All three finalists, Gurdane Bhutani, Chris Brown and Ashley Alman, stand out as strong candidates, exemplary Duke student leaders and role models for the campus. Yet, after interviewing each candidate, and after careful consideration, Mr. Bhutani set himself apart in the interests of the engineering community. His knowledge base, experience on campus and demonstrated leadership skills make him the best fit for the Board of Trustees.

Gurdane demonstrates a particular knowledge of the challenges that Pratt students face, inspiring confidence in the engineering community. He understands the value of diversity, from academic, social and economic standpoints, furthering our confidence that the Pratt School would be well served by his presence on the Board. It is apparent to us that he is actively innovative in his approach to leadership and action, thinking outside the box and going beyond the call of duty to serve the community. Moreover, Gurdane’s record and work to improve the University is unmatched. His work in securing free STI testing on campus, as well as his efforts in maintaining West and East Campus student parking are only two of many examples of his dedication to student life.

Gurdane’s commitment to meaningful change typifies the character that we would want as Young Trustee. He is sure to be a welcome voice on the Board of Trustees, and his wisdom and desire to help will benefit the entire University. For Pratt students, and for all students, ESG is confident that Gurdane Bhutani will best represent our voice.

Derek Schocken, Pratt ’15

President, Engineering Student Government

Share and discuss “Duke Engineering Student Government endorses Bhutani for Young Trustee” on social media.