New quirks on the updated Duke Blue Planet page

It has been in the works since June, and Duke Blue Planet has a new page, and it's pretty snazzy. The site, run by Duke recruiting and communications coordinator Dave Bradley, features all the video on the team, social media, player pages, Coach K info and more.

Here are some of the highlights:

• DBP Vault — More than 400 videos of highlights, interviews and even really old school clips.
  • Duke in the NBA — Closely tracks all the Blue Devils in the league.
  • Coach K — Interactive timeline and lots of other cool mini-features with Duke's head coach.

The best feature, though, might be the individual player pages. They're pretty funny and humanizing, and here are some of the best of those:

• One of the three words Tyler Thornton uses to describe himself as is "handsome."
  • Quinn Cook claims he can sing.
  • Seth Curry likes to hunt and fish. His favorite NBA player is his brother, Steph Curry.
  • Amile Jefferson says he is an above-average chef and before games he listens to "Don't Like" by Chief Kief.
  • Ryan Kelly's favorite TV show is Seinfeld.
  • Alex Murphy's favorite class at Duke has been Chem 83 (that is more amusing if you are actually a Duke student). His favorite Duke player is Mike Dunleavy... shocker that it's not Kyle Singler.
  • Mason Plumlee's favorite NBA player is his brother, Miles Plumlee.
  • Whoa, watch out. Marshall Plumlee in three words: "Loquacious, insatiable, voluptuous."
  • Josh Hairston's favorite class at Duke has been theater.
  • Rasheed Sulaimon played the saxophone for five years.
  • Before games, Todd Zafirovski listens to "Call Me Maybe." Perhaps a better music selection will lead to more minutes.
  • Rodney Hood likes the classics: His favorite video game is NBA Live 2003. Who remembers who was on the cover of NBA Live 2003? (Jason Kidd).
  • Cook, Thornton and Hairston all listed Nolan Smith as their favorite Duke player.

Share and discuss “New quirks on the updated Duke Blue Planet page” on social media.