Trey Lyles receives a scholarship offer from Duke basketball

It appears that the Duke coaching staff is starting to get more aggressive with the recruiting class of 2014.

In the midst of a busy recruiting schedule spent conducting in-home visits with 2013 recruits and attending open gyms across the country, Duke basketball head coach Mike Krzyzewski watched 2014 power forward Trey Lyles in Indianapolis today. And according to a tweet today by Jeff Rabjohns of Peegs.com, Duke has offered the 6-foot-10 big man a scholarship.

Currently ranked No. 7 overall in the class of 2014 according to ESPN.com, Lyles is one of the premier players in the class of 2014. With terrific frame and athleticism, Lyles has exceptional shooting range for a player of his size to go along with his advanced low-post skills.

Lyles decommitted from Indiana in August after being committed to the Hoosiers since his freshman year.

Now that he is back on the recruiting market, Lyles is being pursued by nearly every elite college basketball program including North Carolina, Kentucky, Louisville, Michigan State and Florida, among many others, in addition to Duke.

With an offer extended to Lyles, Krzyzewski now has five scholarship offers out in the class of 2014. Tyus Jones (PG), Jahlil Okafor (C), Justise Winslow (SF), and Theo Pinson (SG/SF) also hold offers from the Blue Devil coaching staff.

Jones—and potentially Okafor, Winslow and Pinson—will visit Duke unofficially for Countdown to Craziness on October 19.

Share and discuss “Trey Lyles receives a scholarship offer from Duke basketball” on social media.