An update on Theo Pinson and his recruitment

WASHINGTON, D.C.-- It might be the college basketball offseason, but college coaches were out in full force this weekend to watch prospects at the 2012 Nike Global Challenge for the first of three July evaluation periods.

Notably, Theo Pinson, a 6-foot-6 wing, was one prospect that was tracked closely by college coaches and NBA scouts over the weekend.

Generic Script

The North Carolina native, who has visited Duke several times already, is considered one of the Blue Devil coaching staff's top targets in the class of 2014.

With Duke assistant coach Nate James on hand, Pinson finished with 14 points, eight rebounds, three assists, two steals and two blocks to help his U.S. East squad to a fifth-place finish at the event.

Afterwards, The Chronicle caught up with Pinson to talk about the event and his recruitment.

On his performance in the fifth-place game against Lithuania:

“First half, little up and down. I mean I stayed aggressive the whole game, but second half I knew I had to carry my team and get them back in the game.”

On whether or not he felt any added pressure over the weekend, while playing in front of college coaches and NBA Scouts:

“No, I mean you don’t have to do anything different. I mean if [NBA scouts and college coaches] like your game, they like your game. Go do what you do.”

On who is recruiting him the hardest right now:

“It’s not just one school. It’s just like everybody is coming at me the same. I got Florida State, Ohio State, Duke, North Carolina, Tennessee, Syracuse, Alabama, Virginia Tech, Clemson, Wake Forest, N.C. State and some other schools.”

On his communication with Duke as of late:

“I haven’t talked to them in a while, but they have been talking to my dad, so I couldn’t really tell you."

On whether he sees Duke's interest level in him picking up soon:

“Yeah, because it’s getting closer to when I go to college.”

On if a scholarship offer from the Blue Devil coaching staff would be a game changer:

“I mean I am just looking at them like any other school. It wouldn’t be anything different.”

On his thoughts heading into the highly anticipated Nike EYBL Peach Jam next weekend:

“Rest up, get ready. It’s going to be a grind, a huge grind. Every team is good."

Share and discuss “An update on Theo Pinson and his recruitment” on social media.