Former Central Michigan wing, Trey Zeigler, to officially visit Duke this weekend

According to his Twitter account @tzig0, Trey Zeigler will be in Durham this weekend to officially visit Duke after being granted permission to transfer by Central Michigan University. The 6-foot-5 shooting guard requested a release from Central Michigan after his father and head coach, Ernie Zeigler, was recently fired by the university.

The Blue Devil coaching staff evaluated Zeigler during much of his high school career, but did not heavily pursue the Michigan native until after their top 2010 wing target, Harrison Barnes, spurned Duke for North Carolina. After that, Duke's interest in Zeigler increased immensely and the interest was reciprocated by the Zeigler family. In the end though, Zeigler opted to play for his father at Central Michigan over Duke, Michigan, Michigan State and UCLA, among others.

Whatever school Zeigler chooses to continue his college career, he should have an instant impact. In his freshman and sophomore seasons at Central Michigan, he averaged 16.3 and 15.8 points per game, respectively. Although his overall skill set is still a bit raw, Zeigler is a long, versatile athlete that can guard and play the point guard, shooting guard and small forward positions. He also has the ability to take defenders off the dribble.

Zeigler will likely also officially visit UCLA in the coming weeks.

Share and discuss “Former Central Michigan wing, Trey Zeigler, to officially visit Duke this weekend” on social media.