Rasheed Sulaimon selected to play in the McDonald’s All-American Game

Duke’s lone 2012 signee, Rasheed Sulaimon, will play on the West team in the 2012 McDonald’s All American Game, which will be played March 28th at the United Center in Chicago. Duke targets Shabazz Muhammad, Tony Parker and Amile Jefferson were also selected to play in the prestigious all-star game. North Carolina signee Marcus Paige will play alongside Sulaimon in the backcourt. Paige is North Carolina’s only committed player in this year’s event.

As the high school postseason approaches, Sulaimon continues his superb play. The 6-foot-3 sharpshooter netted 20 points in a 59-51 Strake Jesuit’s victory over Katy Taylor last week according Chad Lynkins of Duke Hoop Blog. Strake Jesuit is currently undefeated in district play.

Las Vegas native Shabazz Muhammad attended the San Diego State and UNLV game at the Thomas & Mack Center on Saturday, per his twitter account. With the help of a raucous crowd, Muhammad saw the Rebels beat the Aztecs 65-63. Online discussion boards indicate that Muhammad wore UNLV apparel while at the game. Muhammad will not likely announce his college decision until April.

Meanwhile, the new top-ranked player in 2012, Nerlens Noel, visited Syracuse on Saturday to watch the Orangemen beat Connecticut. Noel will officially visit Kentucky on February 18th when they host Mississippi.

Turning the attention to the class of 2013, according to Clint Jackson of rivals.com, Duke assistant head coach Steve Wojciechowski was in Hampton, Virginia last Thursday night to watch 2013 prospect Anthony Barber, a 6-foot-2 point guard who is the fifth ranked point guard in his class, per scout.com. Barber is thought to be the first 2013 point guard that Duke has reached out to since Nate Britt committed to North Carolina last fall. Duke is also heavily recruiting 2014 point guards Tyus Jones and JaQuel Richmond.

Additionally, a recent article by Alex Kline claims that Kentucky is recruiting 2014’s top ranked player, Andrew Wiggins, harder than any other school right now. Though still very early, Duke, West Viriginia, North Carolina, North Carolina State, and Florida State are all pursuing Wiggins also.

Share and discuss “Rasheed Sulaimon selected to play in the McDonald’s All-American Game” on social media.