Panhel endorses Wilson for Young Trustee

The Duke Panhellenic Association enthusiastically endorses candidate Olly Wilson for Young Trustee. All candidates running for Young Trustee are well versed in a variety of undergraduate experiences. However, we feel that Olly represents a unique breadth of experience that will accurately represent our organization, as well as Duke’s undergraduate student body.

Olly’s leadership experiences as an RA, as President of Blue Devils United (BDU) and as chair of the Council for Collaborative Action (CCA) make him well equipped to navigate challenges as Young Trustee. As an RA, Olly works with students in the most intimate aspect of their Duke experience, housing, and thus can be an informed voice during one of our campus’s most sensitive transition periods into the house model. In his leadership roles for BDU and CCA, Olly has demonstrated his competence at not only being a collaborative leader, but also a leader of leaders. This is crucial to representing the undergraduate experience at an institution where all students are leaders in his or her own right.

These diverse experiences have led Olly to share our organization’s vision for providing student voice that will impact effective social change on Duke’s campus. Olly has established a comprehensive plan for an “impactful way of giving back” through global strategy, innovation and diversity within the Duke community. We believe that Olly has the ability to intelligently and appropriately speak up as a member of the Board of Trustees.

As an Executive Board, we feel that Olly best represents the ideals of our organization and the experiences of the diverse women that comprise it.

Jenny Ngo, Trinity ’12

President, Duke Panhellenic Association

Megan Riordan, Trinity ’12

Executive Vice-President, Duke Panhellenic Association

Share and discuss “Panhel endorses Wilson for Young Trustee” on social media.