Mi Gente endorses Wilson for Young Trustee

Mi Gente, Duke University’s Latino student association, is excited to announce its endorsement of Olly Wilson for Young Trustee. After meeting with all three talented and enthusiastic candidates, we felt that Olly Wilson is the most knowledgeable about the unique experiences and challenges facing our University in the coming years. He is aware and acquainted with three of the big topics concerning our University: global expansion, interdisciplinary collaboration and environmental sustainability. Olly successfully presented his platform to us, which included actions to improve the development of Duke University in these three areas. Olly Wilson also expressed to us the importance of interdisciplinary and international collaboration as shown by the many unique Duke institutes such as the John Hope Franklin Humanities Institute and the Institute for Genome Sciences & Policy.

Throughout his career at Duke, Olly has demonstrated extraordinary leadership skills and outstanding dedication to social action, whether locally or internationally. His leadership experiences are exemplified by his role in the CCA (Council for Collaborative Action) and his past leadership role in Blue Devils United. Also, we believe that as an international student, Olly would bring to the Board of Trustees a distinct and new perspective that is especially important due to the current global expansions of this institution. Olly has demonstrated to be a passionate and eloquent candidate. We believe that Olly’s outstanding character and his platform, which is informed by the crucial challenges that this institution is facing, distinguishes him from the other candidates. Olly Wilson would make an exceptional member of the Board of Trustees and an excellent representation of the undergraduate student body.

Fernando Revelo La Rotta, Trinity ’13

Co-President, Mi Gente

Share and discuss “Mi Gente endorses Wilson for Young Trustee” on social media.