Your pocket guide to Duke—Connecticut

Last season, UConn knocked Duke out of the NCAA tournament in the Elite Eight. The Blue Devils will get their chance to avenge that loss as they take the court Monday night at 7 p.m. at Cameron Indoor Stadium against the Huskies.

Projected Starters

No. 3 Connecticut (19-2): Stefanie Dolson, Tiffany Hayes, Caroline Doty, Bria Hartley, Kelly Farris

No. 5 Duke (17-2): Richa Jackson, Haley Peters, Elizabeth Williams, Chelsea Gray, Tricia Liston

1. Can the Blue Devils cool off Hayes?

Over the years the Huskies have had a long list of top-tier scorers—Nykesha Sales, Tina Charles and Maya Moore, to name a few. Senior Tiffany Hayes, however, enters tonight’s matchup having just set the program record for most points in a two-game span with 68. In order for Duke to succeed, stopping Hayes must be a priority.

2. Which freshman will shine?

Connecticut guard Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis averages 14.5 points per game off the bench while Duke center Elizabeth Williams averages 14.2 points per game in a major role. The two played together over the summer at the U19 World Championship in Puerto Montt, Chile, for the United States.

Can Duke break through against the Huskies?

Over the last two seasons, Connecticut has maintained a stranglehold on the Blue Devils, beating them three times by a combined 104 points. This season, though, the Huskies have already lost to then-No. 1 Baylor and then-No. 3 Notre Dame—though they have not lost three consecutive matchups against top-10 teams since 2004-05.

Share and discuss “Your pocket guide to Duke—Connecticut” on social media.