McCrory takes sixth in 10-meter platform

Nick McCrory took sixth place in the 10-meter platform diving final with 501.65 points over six dives on Sunday at the FINA World Championships.

McCrory, the two-time NCAA platform diving champion, was in sixth place for each round of the competition, eventually ending up 3.45 points behind fifth-place Thomas Daley of Great Britain.

"I'm really happy with my performance. I'm improving my consistency and building confidence heading into next year," McCrory told USADiving.org. "I have a few things to clean up, but I'm pleased with my performance."

Qui Bo claimed the top spot with 585.45 points to complete China's sweep of the diving gold medals at the competition, a record-breaking ten.

Bo earned 16 perfect ten scores from the seven judges in the first three rounds—no other diver even earned one—en route to a 25-point lead over German Sascha Klein.

McCrory's 10-meter synchronized platform teammate, David Boudia, finished second with 544.25 points, and Klein rounded out the top three with 534.50 points. With his silver medal, Boudia becomes the first American male in 25 years reach the podium in the 10-meter platform at the World Championships.

"Today I dove exactly how I wanted to. I was confident and wasn't worried about anything but my own dives. I'm so proud of myself and my teammate Nick McCrory," Boudia told USADiving.org. "I went six-for-six on my dives, and I had so much fun out there with my teammates cheering me on. It was an amazing experience, and I'm so honored to represent the United States."

Share and discuss “McCrory takes sixth in 10-meter platform” on social media.