2012 Prospect Rodney Purvis Reopens Recruitment

Once thought to be one of Duke's primary targets in the Class of 2012, Rodney Purvis surprised many by committing to Louisville last December.

However, after Cardinals' assistant coach Tim Fuller left the program to join Frank Haith at Missouri, Purvis reconsidered and has officially reopened his recruitment.

Purvis now has Duke amongst his top schools once again, along with Louisville, Kentucky and N.C. State. The Raleigh, N.C. native is ranked as the No. 2 shooting guard in his class by scout.com.

Purvis's renewed interest in Duke puts the Blue Devils in an interesting position, having already secured the commitment of five-star 2012 shooting guard Rasheed Sulaimon.  With Sulaimon's commitment, the Blue Devils have 12 scholarships committed for the 2012 season, leaving them with only one more.  While that number will change if Austin Rivers or Mason Plumlee turns pro after this season, as has often been speculated, as of now Duke's primary recruiting need is not at shooting guard, but in the post.  The Blue Devils are also heavily recruiting 2012 big man Tony Parker, who many have speculated is favoring Duke.

Sulaimon, for one, seemed ecstatic about Purvis's interest in Duke, though. Jason Jordan, a reporter for ESPN Rise, said on Twitter that Sulaimon told him he expects Parker and either Purvis or fellow top 2012 recruit Shabazz Muhammad to join him in Durham next year, and is said to be actively recruiting Purvis to become a Blue Devil.

Share and discuss “2012 Prospect Rodney Purvis Reopens Recruitment” on social media.