Irving Says He's Still Undecided

Generic Script

The thoughts of most Duke fans probably were not on Kyrie Irving's future immediately after Duke's loss last night—but the topic still inevitably came up in both the Blue Devil locker room and postgame press conference.

First, head coach Mike Krzyzewski was asked whether he had any new information about Irving's draft decision. The winner of 900 games did not take this question well.

"That's uncalled for right now. Why can't we talk about the game and the beautiful way Arizona played, not future decisions?

"You think I just grabbed him and talked to him about that?" Krzyzewski said. "I just hugged him because he's crying. I'm not talking to him about him going pro. Those things will happen in due course."

Irving was a bit more open to talk about it, but did not give any new information. Echoing what he told Dan Patrick two days ago, Irving expressed a want to play for Duke again, but an unwillingness to discuss the matter any further, saying there was "no guarantee" he'd be back.

From Yahoo's The Dagger:

"I'm not really thinking about whether this is my last game or not," Irving said. "I would love to wear the Duke uniform again. At this point, I'm not ready to take it off."

?Neither are Duke fans ready to see him in a Cavaliers or Raptors jersey. Irving was a bright spot in a largely ineffective offense last night, scoring 28 points on 9-of-15 shooting.

Share and discuss “Irving Says He's Still Undecided” on social media.