SPORTS  |  TENNIS

Blue Devils take on Tribe in home opener

Reka Zsilinszka and the rest of the Blue Devils will take on  William & Mary Saturday in Duke’s 2011 home opener.
Reka Zsilinszka and the rest of the Blue Devils will take on William & Mary Saturday in Duke’s 2011 home opener.

Duke opens its 2011 home slate against William & Mary on Saturday at the Sheffield Indoor Tennis Center.

The No. 7 Blue Devils (1-0) kicked off its season two weeks ago at Hawai’i, winning 6-1. The Tribe, on the other hand, will be playing in its first match of the season, coming off a 14-11 record last season. One of those losses came at the hands of the Blue Devils, a 6-1 blowout in which Duke won all six singles matches.

The Blue Devils sport an imposing singles lineup of top-ranked players, including No. 4 Reka Zsilinszka and No. 25 Nadine Fahoum. On the doubles side, the No. 4-ranked tandem of Fahoum and Ellah Nze and the No. 39-ranked team of Mary Clayton and Monica Gorny will give William & Mary no easy points.

Senior Lauren Sabacinski and juniors Katie Kargl and Tori Ford are the only upperclassmen left on the Tribe’s roster, which returns six players from the team that advanced to the CAA Championship last spring. William and Mary has a busy weekend slate, returning home to play Wisconsin on Sunday afternoon.

Share and discuss “Blue Devils take on Tribe in home opener” on social media.