Willard to take on role as OUE senior adviser

Huntington Willard

Huntington Willard, director of the Institute for Genome Sciences and Policy, was appointed Monday as senior adviser to Steve Nowicki, dean and vice provost for undergraduate education.

The new position, which will in part help develop plans for the undergraduate house model, comes as an addition to Willard’s duties as IGSP director.

“Hunt has lived this experience and well understands both the benefits and challenges of connecting our students with faculty in the professional schools,” Nowicki said in a Duke news release Nov. 1.

Among other new responsibilities, Willard will work with the Office of Undergraduate Education and the Residential Life and Housing System to improve the connection between faculty to the student residential experience through the new house living model. He will also work with Associate Vice Provosts Donna Lisker and Lee Willard as well as Dean of Academic Affairs of Trinity College Lee Baker, who was recently selected as associate vice provost for undergraduate education.

During his career at Duke, Willard has created a series of programs to involve undergraduates in the IGSP’s activities. He also leads the Focus program for freshman students, “The Genome Revolution and it’s Impact on Society,” as well as the Genome Sciences and Policy certificate.

Willard arrived at Duke in 2003, with appointments in the department of molecular genetics and microbiology and the department of biology.

Share and discuss “Willard to take on role as OUE senior adviser” on social media.