LIVE BLOG: Women's Blue-White Game

Final - 0:00: With their final possession, the women had the ball in the hands of Chelsea Gray who had the ball stripped from her, giving the men a 27-26 victory. It should be noted that the women were clearly exploited with out their inside presence Krystal Thomas in the game, so hopefully for the Blue Devils the injury is not serious. Stay tuned, when we know more about the seriousness of the injury, we'll post an update. Thanks for staying tuned.

0:34: The women just called a timeout after the men took the lead on an easy bucket under the hoop, making the score 27-26. The women are clearly missing the presence of Krystal Thomas, who is no longer on the bench and is now in the locker room.

1:28: After a few buckets, the men briefly tied it at 22 apiece, but the women have moved back ahead 24-22. Part of the crowd just broke out into a chant, "Elizabeth Williams come-t0-Duke!"

2:50: We have confirmed that it was an injury to her chin, but the seriousness is still unclear. She is still with trainers on the sideline, and appears unlikely to return. Duke has had bad luck in blue-white games so far this year, with Seth Curry receiving a laceration next to his eye during the men's game during countdown to craziness. The woman lead 20-16.

4:45: After a scout team possession, and some battling down low, Krystal Thomas slumped to the floor and was looked at by McCallie and a trainer. The nature of her injury is still unclear, though it appeared that she was dizzy and possibly received an elbow to her chin. When we know more, we'll let you know. She walked off the court with the trainer and McCallie.

6:01: The women are still up, now 9-6. Chelsea Gray just took a hard charge from one of the men's players on a fast-break, resulting in cheers from her teammates and the band. The band in particular is treating the scout team as any other opponent, screaming when they have the ball and whatnot.

8:01: The men's lead was short lived, as the women just nailed back-to-back buckets, with the second one being a an easy fast break layup for Chloe Wells.

Fourth Quarter - 9:51: Now all the women are on white, playing against all the practice squad men, who have jumped out to a 2-0 lead. Starting for the women are Krystal Thomas, Kathleen Scheer, Jasmine Thomas, Richa Jackson and Karima Christmas.

0:00: White has finally won their first period, by the score of 16-15. With 20 seconds left Jasmine Thomas threw a perfectly placed alley-hoop to Karima Christmas, ending with an easy layup. The quarter ended with #30 practice squad player Ben Gagne - he of the shot hitting the side of the backboard - nailing a layup under the hoop for blue after getting a nice offensive board. The men for blue have given Krystal Thomas difficulty on the boards all afternoon.

0:51: Shay Selby just made a beautiful steal from Tricia Liston resulting in an easy fast-break layup and bringing blue within one. The score is now 14-13.

2:41: The quarter has been neck-and-neck the entire way and white now leads 13-11 following two made free throws from Jasmine Thomas. Richa Jackson continues to carry the blue team, leading all scorers with nine points this period.

7:22: Blue has now tied it up at 5-5 after a beautiful no look pass from Chelsea gray gave Richa Jackson an easy lasyup. Jackson has all five of blue's points this quarter.

8:31: The white team has come out with a renewed sense of purpose after halftime, jumping out to a quick 5-0 lead including an inspiring three-point-and-one from Krystal Thomas.

Third Quarter - 10:00: Again the scores have reset and this time players have switched sides. Tricia Liston has switched from blue to white, while Richa Jackson is now on blue.

Halftime: The festivities this halftime feature a youth basketball game with 8-10 year olds from the Durham Hurricanes youth basketball program. Hopefully people are enjoying the atmosphere, as top women's recruit Elizabeth Williams is in attendance, sitting behind the white bench. According to ESPN, she is the #2 recruit in the country and is deciding between a number of schools, including Duke and UNC.

0:00: The second period is now over, with another victory for blue, this time by the score of 13-11. Another embarrassing moment came for the practice squad when #30 took a shot from the corner only to have it hit the side of the backboard. Overall, it was a pretty ugly period with plenty of missed looks and turnovers for both teams.

2:30: Practice squad player #41 just had two shots from the line, the first scoring opportunity for any of the men. Unfortunately, he air-balled the first one and the second one rimmed out.

2:52: Chelsea Gray has checked back in for blue, subbing in for Tricia Liston after she nailed a three to extend Blue's lead to 12-6.

4:41: Blue is up 9-6, but white has some good vibes after a perfect lead pass up the court from Jasmine Thomas gave Chloe Wells an easy layup. Also, although head coach Joanne McCallie is sitting on press row and isn't coaching either of the teams, she is doing her fair share of coaching from her cozy position on the side.

7:50 Blue is off to another hot start, leading 7-2 with three of the points coming off a three from junior Kathleen Scheer. Also worth noting is that the women only have 10 players dressed today, neither Allison Vernerey nor Janee Johnson are in uniform.

Second quarter - 10:00: The second period is now beginning with a blank slate as the scores have been reset to 0-0. Nolan Smith and Miles Plumlee have joined the crew of men's players in attendance.

0:00: The first quarter is now over with the young blue team leading the white team by a score of 20-17. Senior Jasmine Thomas had a chance to tie the game in the final seconds, but missed from downtown. The blue team, which started junior Shay Selby, a men's practice squad player, and then three freshman - Chloe Wells, Tricia Liston and Haley Peters - are taking their first game seriously, with an NCAA tournament intensity around them. The white team, a veteran crew featuring Jasmine Thomas, Karima Christmas, Richa Jackson, Kathleen Scheer and Krystal Thomas, struggled with fouls and defensive consistency.

3:42: Men's scout team player #34 has played stellar defense for the blue team, holding center Krystal Thomas scoreless thus far. Blue leads 12-9.

5:55: Blue has jumped out to an early10-4  lead with lights out shooting, led by three pointers from freshmen Tricia Liston and Haley Peters. Top recruit Chelsea Gray has also now checked in for the blue team.

7:46: Blue leads White 5-4 as we hit our first timeout. The cheerleaders are throwing out t-shirts and the note on the Blue Devil's forehead reads, "It Begins." More men's players are in attendance now, with Seth Curry, Tyler Thornton, Kyrie Irving and Joshua Hairston now in attendance.

9:54: First points of the game come from freshman forward Richa Jackson on the white team, hitting one of two free throws after being fouled by freshman guard Chloe Wells. White then rebounded the second free throw leading to a bucket from senior guard Karima Christmas.

PREGAME: Some of the men's team is here in support for the team, with sophomores Ryan Kelly and Andre Dawkins sitting courtside. During the national anthem, there were a few scattered "O's" from the crowd, but it was notably tuned down after Coach K recently requested the fans to stop. The starting lineup for the blue team includes one practice squad player for the blue team, a big guy to match up with senior center Krystal Thomas.

PREGAME: Good afternoon and welcome to the live blog of the Duke women's annual blue-white game. On the court now the women are on one side warming up, while the male practice squad is warming up on the other side. The practice squad is expected to play against the girls in the fourth quarter as a scout session.

The game will be formatted with four 10 minute quarters with the usual media timeouts after the 8:00 and 4:00 minute marks in each quarter.

Stay tuned here for game updates and game information.

Share and discuss “LIVE BLOG: Women's Blue-White Game” on social media.