SPORTS  |  GOLF

Duncan cards a 66

Duke remains in a tie for sixth in the NCAA Fall Preview after a solid second day, but sophomore Lindy Duncan has vaulted up the individual leaderboard after a career-best round of 66. Now tied for fourth after a bogey-free Tuesday, Duncan is in prime position to challenge for the individual title. Currently at 4-under, Duncan trails overall leaders Brooke Pancake of Alabama and Alex Marina of Vanderbilt.

“Everything was on and I was really confident in all parts of my game,” Duncan said.

Freshman Aleja Cangrejo sits in a tie for 34th place at 4-over, after a second straight round of 74. Laetitia Beck’s second-round 72 places her in a tie for 48th at 6-over, along with senior Kim Donovan. Sophomore Courtney Ellenbogen faltered on day two and was unable to replicate her 2-under performance in the opening round. Ellenbogen, after starting the day just 1-over through nine, barely survived the back nine, and bogeyed eight of her final nine holes.

Last year, the No. 8 Blue Devils staged a miraculous 10-shot final-day comeback to stun then-No. 1 UCLA, and though Duke lies 14 shots back of leader Alabama with 18 holes to play, the Traditions Club may yet see some jostling on the leaderboard. With the wind down and the greens receptive, anything is possible.

“I am definitely going to enjoy it, but I have to work again tomorrow and it isn’t going to be easy,” Duncan said.

Share and discuss “Duncan cards a 66” on social media.