Duke schedule released

Senior Nolan Smith and the Blue Devils could face Kansas State in November’s CBE Classic.

The path to defending their national championship has been laid out for the 2010-11 Blue Devils.

Duke’s schedule for the new season was announced yesterday, with the Blue Devils opening up play in Durham in the CBE Classic with matchups against Princeton and Miami (Ohio) Nov. 14 and 16, respectively. The team will head to Kansas City Nov. 22 for the semifinals and final of the CBE, where matchups with Marquette and either Gonzaga or Kansas State loom. All three squads in Kansas City were in the NCAA tournament last season, and Kansas State was an Elite Eight team.

Other nonconference matchups that stand out include showdowns with Oregon, Michigan State and Butler. Duke plays the Ducks Nov. 27 in a neutral-site matchup at the Rose Garden in Portland, Ore., the home state of senior forward Kyle Singler. The Blue Devils then travel back home and face the Spartans—a 2010 Final Four squad—as part of the annual ACC/Big Ten Challenge. Duke-Butler, last year’s national championship game rematch, will take place at the Izod Center in East Rutherford, N.J., Dec. 4th.

The conference season begins Jan. 2 when Miami travels to Cameron Indoor Stadium. The year’s ACC slate will feature home-and-home series with Miami, Maryland, N.C. State, North Carolina and Virginia. Duke will face Boston College, Georgia Tech and Clemson at home and trek to Florida State, Wake Forest and Virginia Tech for its road games.

Like in years past, Duke will suffer no lack of national attention as it will appear on national television at least 28 times this year before the postseason begins with the ACC Tournament on Mar. 10.

For a full schedule, head to our blog at dukechroniclesports.com.

Share and discuss “Duke schedule released” on social media.