Coach K Would Never Pull A Zeke

Generic Script

The college basketball world is abuzz about Isiah Thomas's decision to serve in a dual role as Florida International head coach and consultant to the New York Knicks. ESPN's Dana O'Neil was one of many media members to call it a conflict of interest, and now coaches like Syracuse's Jim Boeheim have made vocal their concerns.

"It's a conflict [of interest] either way, from college or from the NBA, I just don't understand why it wouldn't be. You know, you're a college coach involved with kids and the NBA wants your players or evaluations of your players. ... It seems like it's kind of a conflict a little bit that you're coaching kids and then recommending them to pro guys."

And head coach Mike Krzyzewski to that list.

Krzyzewski wasn't as harsh as Boeheim in talking about the situation, but he did make it clear that he would never be an official consultant to an NBA team. According to the News and Observer, he said:

"I would decline to do that just because I shouldn't be perceived to have an advantage in whatever way over another college coach, so that's why I wouldn't to do it," he said after the Americans practiced. "I don't think there's anything ethically wrong with it or whatever, I just think that it's probably better to keep it separate."

Share and discuss “Coach K Would Never Pull A Zeke” on social media.