Recruit: Duke Football in a "New Era"

Photo Courtesy ajc.com

Duke may not need to spend another dime on recruiting over the next four years. All they'll have to do is get Jared Boyd to speak for them.

The senior cornerback from Georgia's Stephenson High School, ranked as a three-star recruit by rivals.com, became the most recent commitment to the Blue Devils' 2011 recruiting class this past weekend. And if his comments to ajc.com are any indication, he certainly seems excited to head to Durham.  Here are just a few:

I think they’re starting a new era at Duke. I really do. I think Coach Cutcliffe is turning it around at Duke they’re getting ready to make a move in the ACC. They’re going to be contending for championships soon. I honestly believe that.

What sold me on Duke, number one, was Coach Cutcliffe... they showed us a plan they have and it's a good one and that was impressive.

Bar none, it is the best education you can get on the East Coast.  It will open doors for me that no other SEC or ACC school can do.  That's just the truth.

That's certainly high praise for a program whose five-win season last year was its best in recent memory. And considering Boyd turned down scholarship offers from Georgia Tech, Stanford, and Ole Miss, amongst a plethora of offers, it looks as if he means business.

Share and discuss “Recruit: Duke Football in a "New Era"” on social media.