Sugar Ray may perform at Duke this Spring

April could rock the Gothic Wonderland, as Duke University Union members announced four artists will perform on campus in April.

DUU members discussed Cameron Rocks concert at their Tuesday meeting. Although Major Attractions Director Liz Turner, a senior, said the concert will feature two performers, she said DUU will not release the lineup until all the artists are confirmed.

“Two artists will perform at Cameron Rocks,” Turner said. “One of them has already confirmed, and we are expecting the other to do so by Friday.”

The Cameron Rocks concert will be held April 1 in Cameron Indoor Stadium, but Turner added that a time for the concert has not yet been set.  

Two artists will also perform at this year’s Last Day of Classes celebration April 28, Turner said.

Sugar Ray is in talks with Duke about a show, Publicist Amanda Charney of Plan A Media, wrote in an e-mail. Plan A Media, a publicity company based in New York City, represented Sugar Ray during its fall 2009 tour. Charney noted that a date has not been confirmed.

Both Turner and DUU President Zach Perret, a senior, declined to comment on Sugar Ray following Tuesday’s meeting.

Plans for the weather-delayed rXn Dance Party are also still in the discussion phase. The event will have a new time and location, but those have not been decided yet, said Special Projects Director Christie Falco, a senior.

Falco, who is also co-chair of the LDOC Committee, said the rXn Dance Party will take place after spring break and that the Special Projects Committee is looking for a new location. The event was previously planned for Wilson Gym Jan. 30.

In other business:

Duke Coffeehouse is hosting Marco Benevento Trio from Brooklyn, N.Y., this Wednesday night at 9 p.m., said senior Andrew Kindman, DUU Coffeehouse director and general manager.

“Benevento is extremely well-known and he has played with very famous people,” Kindman said.

Benevento, a jazz pianist, was named a 2009 “artist to watch” by the Los Angeles Times in December 2008.

Lindsey Rupp contributed reporting.

Share and discuss “Sugar Ray may perform at Duke this Spring” on social media.