Sound-off: Weekend winter wonderland

In spite of slippery roads and slush-covered sidewalks, students still enjoyed spending time in the snow that resulted from the Friday snowstorm.

The last weekend in January brought with it almost 6 inches of snow and freezing temperatures. Although icy roads and sidewalks made travel difficult, many students took time out of their weekend to enjoy the scenery and the rare snowfall. Whether they spent their weekend staying warm indoors or frolicking in the flakes, The Chronicle asked students how they enjoyed the snow. —compiled by Lindsey Rupp

“The first day it snowed, we had a snowball fight on East [Campus], but that sucked because the buses stopped running. But other than that it was nice.”

—Shirley Lope, freshman

“I have a broken foot, so it was kind of difficult for me. Thankfully, I’m off my crutches, so waddling everywhere was kind of difficult.... I mostly stayed inside.... I think it’s kind of funny—I went to Tufts [University] for two years, and this happens a lot more regularly, but they have the equipment, so it’s funny to see people stock up on soup in the supermarket.”

—Lindsay Voorhees, junior

“I do like the campus when it snows. It’s very beautiful with the snow on it and you don’t get to see that very often.”

—Wasim Kabir, sophomore

“For the first time, I saw people put their work aside to do fun things.”

—Jason Wong, freshman

“It just kept me in my building, really, on West [Campus]. I still had to study, all that was the same.”

—Aneitra Hoggard, junior

“I’m from Florida, so I was excited at first, I went out and played... but then getting to places was hard. I had to borrow my friend’s boots, and that helped.”

—Ginger Baker, junior

“I don’t have any dry socks.”

—Cass Goh, senior

Share and discuss “Sound-off: Weekend winter wonderland” on social media.