Radio show begins today on WDNC

The Duke Football Radio Show with David Cutcliffe makes its debut tonight.

The program—Cutcliffe’s first radio show in his time at Duke—can be heard on WDNC 620 AM at 7 p.m. Fans can also view the taping live in the Vista Restaurant at the Washington Duke Inn.

“We’re excited about the opportunity to share our program with alumni, fans and the local community on WDNC,” Cutcliffe said in a statement.

Dave Nathan, 99.9 The Fan’s ACC Insider, will co-host the show with Cutcliffe. Nathan spent eight years broadcasting at Tennessee and already knows Cutcliffe well.

“We worked at the same radio station in 2005, and he was the station’s college football analyst,” Nathan said. “At that point, when he was breaking down games, it became pretty obvious that he was watching something different than us.”

Because the show is new, details about its format are still up in the air. It is known, though, that the show will devote time each episode to recapping  the previous Saturday’s game and previewing the next. Duke Football team members may occasionally make guest appearances.

“It will be an evolving show,” said Lane Cody, who works for the company that produces the show, ISP Sports. “It will be a dialogue show between Cutcliffe and Nathan. There will be quite a few questions taken by e-mail and possibly by those in the crowd.”

Regardless of how much the show’s content changes, its purpose remains clear.

“We’re letting fans know that Duke Football is on the right track,” Nathan said.

Share and discuss “Radio show begins today on WDNC” on social media.