Paulus Named Starting QB At Syracuse

Syracuse's football opener Sept. 5 against Minnesota just became must-see TV in Durham.

That's because Greg Paulus, the former Blue Devil point guard using a fifth year of eligibility to play football for the Orange, has won the nod as the Orange's starting quarterback, the program announced in a statement Monday night. Paulus beat out sophomore Ryan Nassib, senior Cam Dantley and freshman Charley Loeb for the position, despite not having played competitive football since his senior year in high school.

Although Paulus impressed the local media in early practices, few expected the graduate student to come in and take over right away, especially without participating in spring practice. But even in the beginning of his search for a football team, the chance to compete for a starting job was a priority for Paulus, who must have felt he was capable all along.

Of course, this latest development just makes the Greg-A-Palooza Homecoming Tour T-shirt an essential part of any Duke fan's wardrobe, which is why we're happy to report some more good news: the T-shirt's creators are interested in making an alternate version in blue and white. Intrigued? E-mail them and let your voice be heard. Then order one. Your friends will be jealous.

Share and discuss “Paulus Named Starting QB At Syracuse” on social media.