At Least In Video Games, Wallace Wade Stadium Is Full

The release of EA Sports' annual NCAA Football game is a yearly delight forĀ  video gamers, even if the company's basketball title usually has greater appeal in Durham. Until the hardwood counterpart is released, though, Blue Devil enthusiasts have reason to look forward to this year's game, which hits stores Tuesday.

EA Sports recently leaked screen shots of all Division-I stadiums, and the CGI rendition of Wallace Wade Stadium is surprisingly detailed, right down to the missing decal at midfield. There's the track, the overhanging press box and the open concourse, all with Yoh Football Center looming in the background. The only thing missing are the spires of the Chapel.

Where does art not imitate life? The bleachers are sold out, which, despite Cutcliffe's best efforts, seems more like poetic license. Duke's opponent might be a figment of EA's imagination, too. It looks like the purple-and-yellow clad fans are fromĀ  James Madison, which isn't on this year's schedule.

Nevertheless, the crowded screenshot at least gives Cutcliffe and Co. another benchmark to shoot for--just in case looking at a photo of the Rolling Stones in Wally Wade wasn't satisfying enough.

Share and discuss “At Least In Video Games, Wallace Wade Stadium Is Full” on social media.