LIVE BLOG: Duke 101, Wake Forest 91 (FINAL)

Duke 101-91, FINAL: Forget about the fact that Mike Krzyzewski, in a Roy Williams-like state, ripped off his sports coat in the second half, or that he urged the crowd to be loud even before the game started. If you only watched the last minute of Duke's 101-91 win, you would have seen how this game was different for Krzyzewski. With Jon Scheyer at the line, Krzyzewski substituted for Gerald Henderson to give Henderson, who finished with a career-high 35 points on 11-of-15 shooting, the standing ovation he deserved. Seconds later, the Cameron Crazies serenaded Scheyer, who scored a career-high 30 points. Krzyzewski greeted the two the same way: with gigantic bear hugs. After the game, the Crazies' appreciation for Henderson was just as clear. As he was interviewed on the floor, they chanted "One more year!" at him, a cheer we're sure to hear again during Duke's last home game against Florida State.

Some quick statistics:

• First time Duke's scored 100 points since December 2007 against Albany.
  • First time Duke's scored 100 points against an ACC team since February 2005 against Wake Forest.
  • Henderson's 35 points were the highest individual output since February 2006, when J.J. Redick dropped 35.
  • Still checking to see the last time Duke had two players score more than 30 points.

Play of the night? Drop your comments below, but some early thoughts:

• Henderson's 3-pointer with two minutes left with the shot clock expiring
  • Scheyer's 3-pointer on the next possession
  • Henderson's back-to-back one-handed slams in the first half

Duke 96-87, 1:56: Duke runs down 30 seconds again, but this time, it's Jon Scheyer who contributes the dagger, a 3-pointer from the top of the key that just about clinches the win. Elliot Williams is headed to the line with just under two minutes left to give the Blue Devils a double-digit lead. After a long second half, this one looks like it's in the bag.

For those wondering, 35 points for a Duke player is the highest individual output since J.J. Redick dropped the same amount Feb. 11, 2006. He also scored 36 points Feb. 4, 2006 and 40 Jan. 28, 2006. He was pretty good.

Duke 93-82, 2:52: Gerald Henderson is putting together his best game in a Duke uniform, having scored five in a row. After the Demon Deacons sliced the deficit to 80-78, Duke has gone on a 13-4 run, and Henderson just canned a fadeaway 3-pointer with the shot clock expiring to give him 35 points. I'm checking the media guide now, but that has to be the highest Duke total since J.J. Redick graced Cameron.

Duke 88-82, 3:58: Sorry for the technical difficulties—Sabreena's battery ran out, and she left her power cord in the media rom. So this is Ben Cohen, taking over for my desk in 301 Flowers. The Blue Devils have managed to keep Wake Forest at bay for just long enough—it seems like this lead has been within seven points forever, doesn't it?—and now Gerald Henderson is headed to the line for two free throws. It's hard to believe that Duke led 41-19 at one point this game, especially when the Demon Deacons cut the lead to two. Time is beginning to wind down, though, and Wake Forest is in trouble if it can't convert quickly. Duke's going to clam up into its four-corners offense—"open" for you mouth-readers at home—and kill 30 seconds with every possession.

Duke 75-71, SECOND HALF, 9:39 remaining: Neither team has been able to stop the other from scoring, so this could come down to who gets more three-point plays. Nolan Smith nailed a 3-pointer to put the Blue Devils up eight, but Wake has responded and heads to the line to compete a three-point play of their own.

Duke 68-63, SECOND HALF, 12:40 remaining: Who do the Blue Devils turn to when they need an offensive answer? Gerald Henderson. He slammed one home on an inbounds pass from Jon Scheyer and has hit two long jumpers to help maintain Duke's slim cushion. The Blue Devils need to do a better job on the defensive end. Wake is getting too many layups and is driving inside with ease.

Duke 57-52, SECOND HALF, 15:31 remaining: Duke needed that media timeout as Wake Forest is on a run. The Deacons are getting into the paint with ease and getting every rebound, too. Where is the physicality that Duke was playing with in the first half?

MORE HALFTIME: For those of you wondering about the jerseys, they're alternate jerseys with aerographic design that Duke has collaborated on with Nike. They "feature an embedded design inspired by some of Duke's iconic buildings and Gothic architecture on the back of the uniforms." (I got that from the press release) Duke will wear these jerseys again against Florida State at home and will debut the blue jerseys in Chapel Hill March 8.

Duke 51-40, END OF FIRST HALF: Duke can't be happy being up only 11 after going on a 14-0 run midway through the period. The Blue Devils had several defensive lapses and Wake Forest is shooting 60 percent for the game, but has taken far fewer shots due to 16 turnovers to just four for Duke. Look for the Blue Devils to keep up the full-court pressure, especially at the start of the second half.

Duke looks good offensively and has shot 52.6 percent, led by - who else? - Henderson, who has 18 points on 6-of-9 shooting. Jon Scheyer also has 13 points on 10 shots and Williams has chipped in 8. Teague is the only man in double figures for Wake Forest with 16 points.

Duke 50-36, FIRST HALF, 1:52 remaining: Wake Forest has found its offense, and its name is Jeff Teague. The sophomore hit a long 2-pointer to end a scoring drought of four minutes and 30 seconds and has 10 points in the last three minutes as the Demon Deacons try to stay within striking distance. Duke seemed to have all the momentum after some acrobatics from Henderson and Williams, but Teague and Wake Forest don't seem to be fazed, hitting a bevy of 3-pointers and layups to stay in the game.  

Duke 41-19, FIRST HALF, 6:08 remaining: And Dino Gaudio is forced to call another timeout for Wake Forest as it has no answer for the Blue Devil defense, or offense for that matter. Henderson has three dunks - and I mean high-flying slams - in the last five possessions and Williams is still causing havoc on the inbounds.

Duke 35-19, FIRST HALF, 7:21 remaining: Duke is on a 8-0 run as Wake Forest can't find any offense. What was once a four-foul disparity favoring the Demon Deacons has evened out and both teams are in the single bonus, but Wake can;t make shots or take care of the ball. Gerald Henderson just took a deflected pass all the way for a huge dunk that had the Crazies saying, "Oh, baby!"

Duke 29-19, FIRST HALF, 7:50 remaining: The Blue Devil defense has shown up today. Wake Forest has put up only four points in the last seven minutes as Duke is doing a good job of closing the paint and drawing offensive fouls. Jeff Teague thought he had an easy layup on the last possession but it was called back due to a foul on Chas McFarland. The Blue Devils have also done well to limit their fouls after and haven't committed a defensive foul since in nearly five minutes.

Duke 22-15, FIRST HALF, 11:58 remaining: This is the Elliot Williams Duke thought it was getting at the start of the year. He's got six points to go along with his four steals, including an emphatic slam to extend the lead to four, and just drew an offensive foul on Ishmael Smith.

The rest of the Blue Devils have come to play, too, showing more fire than we've seen since the first half of the UNC game. They're going after every loose ball and fighting with Wake Forest for rebounds inside.

Wake Forest 13-11, FIRST HALF, 15:47 remaining: Williams is proving why Mike Krzyzewski started him tonight. The freshman stole the ball on the inbounds on three of four possessions, but the Blue Devils failed to convert two of those turnovers into any points. Miles Plumlee is in the game now as Wake is having its way inside.

PREGAME: We're here at Cameron Indoor Stadium as No. 9 Duke hosts No. 8 Wake Forest in a packed house. The Blue Devils are donning new jerseys - still white, just a little bit of a pattern on the back - as they hope to avenge their loss to the Demon Deacons back when Duke was No. 1 in the country. Duke hasn't fared well since, falling into a 2-4 slide before eking out a victory against St. John's Thursday. Elliot Williams gets the starting nod for the second straight game after shining in Madison Square Garden.

Share and discuss “LIVE BLOG: Duke 101, Wake Forest 91 (FINAL)” on social media.