CHPD has suspect in Carson case

UPDATED TUESDAY 3/10: Chapel Hill police are currently circulating photos of a possible suspect in the murder of UNC senior and student body president Eve Carson. The photos are taken from a surveillance tape in which the individual is wearing a baseball cap and hood. In a statement released to the press, investigators continue to solicit any information individuals may have regarding the whereabouts of Carson's blue 2005 Toyota Highlander with Georgia license plate AIV-6690 between 1:30 a.m. Wednesday and Thursday afternoon, when the car was found.

Earlier today, police released the audio tapes of the two 911 calls investigators received around 5 a.m. Wednesday morning. In the first call, which came in at 5:08 a.m., a female told police she had heard three gunshots and a young female's scream but was unable to identify where the sounds came from. She noted that there was no sound of a commotion and that the female's scream was not intelligible. The second call came in at 5:11 a.m. from a second female who said she heard four gunshots.

Included in the police release was the call investigators received Thursday from a woman who recognized Carson's car illegally parked on the intersection of Hillsborough Street and North Street in Chapel Hill. When found, the car had a yellow sticker on it and was not occupied.

Police released additional photos Monday of the suspect taken from surveillance cameras at a local convenience store.

Share and discuss “CHPD has suspect in Carson case” on social media.