K-ville concert slated for March 6

Krzyzewskiville took center stage at the Duke University Union's meeting Tuesday night.

Upcoming DUU events include a concert in K-ville, a dinner and discussion with two North Korean refugees and new programming for Cable 13.

Major Attractions Chair Chamindra Goonewardene, a junior, presented the K-ville concert, and members tentatively decided to schedule it for March 6, two days before the annual home men's basketball game against the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. The artist will be announced next week.

Goonewardene said the show will be billed as a big event, and the Union discussed running it in conjunction with WXDU's annual event in K-ville.

Director of External Liaisons Rachel Saperstein, a senior, described another event, one themed around the visit of two North Korean refugees. The occasion, slated to take place Feb. 19, will be catered with Korean food.

Saperstein said it will be a "huge collaboration between UNC and the Durham community."

Additional discussion concerned Cable 13 and focused on new programming, including a reality show related to the Home Depot Smart Home, a new season of "Dorm Raiders" and a pair of potential shows set in K-ville.

Cable 13 President Orcun Unlu, a senior, introduced those proposals, garnering the most support from members for a program called "Pimp My Tent," which would apply the premise of the MTV show "Pimp My Ride" to students' tents.

"Everyone who lives [in K-ville] would know about this tent and want to check it out," he said.

In other business:

Chief Financial Officer Catalina Blanco, a sophomore, presented the budget. She encouraged members to come up with ideas to spend the money at their disposal and said the organization was doing well.

The Chronicle asked to see the budget, but Blanco said it was not available to those outside of the Union.

Share and discuss “K-ville concert slated for March 6” on social media.