Co-star, directors of The Heartbreak Kid spill on Stiller, scenes

Ever since his breakout performance on Comedy Central Presents in 2002, edgy comedian Carlos Mencia has seen his career undergo a meteoric rise. Mencia is the host of his own show on Comedy Central and plays the shady Uncle Tito in the soon to be released The Heartbreak Kid, alongside Ben Stiller.

Have you ever worked with Ben Stiller and how was it?

I'm going to be honest with you, actually working with him and being across from him and reacting to him and acting with him, he's amazing. He is such a giving actor. And what I mean by that is, the best acting is reacting. It's lines. And as an example, if somebody wants you to flinch and they flinch a little bit, you've got to react.

You've got to pretend to be flinching because you're not really scared. But if somebody actually throws a punch at you, even if they don't connect, you're going to flinch, that's kind of what acting is all about. And he is just unbelievably astute at being able to deliver that, which makes your character react better and his character react better.

Are you going to try to keep with the transition from comic to actor?

I would love to do that. I would love to attempt to do that. The one thing that-look, I understand one thing and this is it. What I would like to be in three or five years from now, what I'd like to be where some of the comedian guys, comedic actors that have gone before me, we're aghast.

I mean, the way I look at it, one of my favorite people growing up was Robin Williams and he did stand-up, then he did more acting and then he moves on to movies and he still does stand-up here and there because what you really need in any career, but especially movies is to make good products and to make a movie where you're a star, you're the lead character that makes money, at least once or twice in the beginning of your career. And then after that you're inevitably going to make a movie, you're inevitably going to make a movie that doesn't make that much money and then you'll go through the doldrums and then you'll come back up and have a resurgence and then it's all up to your choices and whatnot. But what I'd love to get on that roller coaster ride to be honest with you,

This acceptance to getting in this movie was my hope that it's the beginning of that roller coaster ride, not just something that I did for fun, one time here or there. I would probably stop doing the TV show in a couple of years, maybe three or four, and completely put myself into the movie stuff if that is how the career dictates it. I would love that because it is different and it's fun and it's fresh and it's a place that I can see different work that I can't do while doing stand-up or while doing my TV show.

What was it like being behind the scenes with the Farrelly brothers?

It was so fun. I mean, we're playing poker, we're playing liar's poker with dollar bills and stuff. We're laughing our asses off at stuff. We're talking about anything and everything crazy. But believe it or not, you're talking about people that take their job very seriously on the other hand.

Share and discuss “Co-star, directors of The Heartbreak Kid spill on Stiller, scenes” on social media.