Crime briefs

Bike burglar nabbed again

A Durham man who was arrested late last month on bike theft charges was arrested Monday after police said he returned to campus and attempted to steal a bike. Isaac Barbee, 31, was charged Monday with larceny and trespassing. Investigators said a student called Duke Police Monday to report a suspicious man walking with a bike without a tire near Edens residence hall. Officers responded to the scene to interview the student and saw Barbee walk by with a bike tire, investigators said. Barbee was unable to be reached for comment.

Clarendon conflict ends without injury

Durham city police are investigating an attempted burglary Thursday on Clarendon Street. According to a police report, a man entered the unlocked home of Duke graduate students at 1 a.m. in the 800 block of Clarendon Street. The man walked to a front bedroom, where he was confronted by a student. The student struggled with the man, and the man ran from the house. A search was conducted, but the man was not found. No injuries were reported, and no property was taken. Duke Police responded to assist with the incident.

Explorer stolen from Green zone

A 1994 Ford Explorer was reported stolen Monday from the green zone parking lot near the traffic circle on Towerview Drive. A student told police he last saw the vehicle at 7 p.m. Sunday.

Two more bikes burglarized

Two bikes were reported stolen Friday from East and Central campuses. The first bike was reported stolen at 10:03 a.m. from outside an apartment on Yearby Street. A student told police someone made off with her $300 red mountain bike, leaving the front wheel attached to a bike rack. The other bike was reported stolen at 9:05 p.m. from Wilson residence hall. A student told police his blue Schwinn was secured to a rack with a chain lock and a U-shaped lock.

Share and discuss “Crime briefs” on social media.