Walk-up policy for basketball game

Cameron Crazies, the day has arrived! Your first opportunity to see the 2004-2005 Duke men’s basketball team compete is tonight at 7 p.m. in Cameron.

Here is a brief rundown of how admission will work: This is a standard walk-up policy game. The line may form at any time (in fact, the first people may have arrived in line by the time you read this) in front of Card Gym. When the line reaches a significant size, my staff will begin registering those groups in line. As a reminder, you may form a group of up to six, but no more. At least half of your group must be in line at all times. Only half need be there at the initial registration. Please have your DukeCards. All members of your group should return to the line no later than 5 p.m.

Line registration will cease at 4 p.m., but students should continue to join the back of the main line. These students will represent themselves only and must remain in line until admission. REMINDER: There is no secondary line for walk-up games this year. No matter when you arrive, join the back of the main line, which will follow the sidewalk in front of Card and Wilson Recreation Center, cross in front of Sheffield, then if necessary wrap around the tennis courts and along the Cameron parking lot toward Towerview Drive.

The doors will open at about 5:30 p.m. Students not in line can keep an eye on the K-ville website (www.dsg.duke.edu/kville.html) for updates on the number of seats still available. This game is unlikely to fill up prior to game time, so come out whenever you can and enjoy the first men’s home game of the year!

Go Duke!

Steve Rawson

Head Line Monitor

Share and discuss “Walk-up policy for basketball game” on social media.