Letter to the Editor: Thanks to women's team for a great season

We came here last year avid women's basketball fans. We'd been to the final fours, we'd cheered for all the greats, we'd played in high school and watched the birth of the women's professional league. But the past two years have added an element to our experiences as women's basketball fans.

Watching the women's team play in Cameron, on TV and on the road have been an integral part of our Duke lives. We screamed for you in common rooms, on creaky Cameron benches, and falling apart 'Dillo chairs. We have bonded over the wins, the losses and all of the amazing record breaking moments.

Even though the season is over the women have done immeasurable things for not only the Duke community but for women's basketball as a whole. The season was an amazing one: the return of Monique Currie, the last second win over UConn, Alana's record breakers, Vicki's crazy threes and Iciss's determined battle back into an offensive power.

For the Duke Student body we hope that you saw the last game for the seniors, some of the best players in the nation. We also hope that you will grow to appreciate the women's team as you do the men's and give them the same level of respect because they deserve it.

To the Duke seniors thank you for four amazing years of play. You've turned this team into one of the premiere programs in the nation. Thank you for four straight ACC titles. Those were cool.

We look forward to more unforgettable years of women's basketball at this school. You've always been a joy to watch and you always will be.

Chelsea Friauf-Evans

Trinity '06

Sara Tosdal

Trinity '06

Share and discuss “Letter to the Editor: Thanks to women's team for a great season” on social media.