Staff Reports: Crime Briefs

Man arrested for assault on an officer

Officers arrested Terell Gilliam (DOB 08-05-82, 1115 N. Buchanan Street, Durham) for assault on a law enforcement officer and resisting a law enforcement officer after being involved in a confrontation over parking a Duke vehicle Feb. 9. The officer was not injured in the incident. Gilliam, who could not be reached for comment, was taken to the Durham County Jail and placed under a $500 secured bond. His court date is set for March 30.

Pain sprayers stolen after padlock pried off

A construction supervisor reported Feb. 9 the theft of two $3,500 Sherwin-Williams paint sprayers from a locked storage area near the engineering building construction site. The contractor said the two sprayers were last seen locked in the storage building at 4 p.m. Feb. 6 and were found missing at 7:35 a.m. Feb. 9. A padlock used to secure the building had been pried off.

Diner deposit bag absent

An employee at Rick's Diner reported Feb. 9 the theft of a deposit bag containing $133 in cash. The deposit bag was last seen in an unsecured cabinet sometime Feb. 7. The bag was discovered missing at 9:30 a.m. Feb. 9.

Subwoofer taken in Central car break-in

A student reported a break-in to his Nissan Pathfinder parked in the 206 Oregon Street lot Feb. 8. The student parked the vehicle in the lot at 1 a.m. Feb. 8 and discovered the break-in at 10:30 a.m. the same day. The passenger side window was broken and a $400 12" MTX subwoofer was stolen. Damage to the vehicle is valued at $300.

Share and discuss “Staff Reports: Crime Briefs” on social media.