To Seminole country for No. 52

For many college students, a road trip signifies piling into a van for a fun-filled journey which involves sleeping on someone's futon and living hand to mouth for a few days. For the women's basketball team, it means a four day itinerary which included Monday's 78-60 drubbing of Clemson and concludes today at Florida State (10-10, 3-6 in the ACC), as the No. 2 Blue Devils hope to continue their perfect ACC record against a tough Seminoles team.

"We're on our way to Florida State, where we know it will be a battle" head coach Gail Goestenkors said. "They're always a great team, but especially good at home."

Duke might have to combat the Seminoles without one of its stars, as forward Iciss Tillis sustained a concussion against the Tigers Monday. Tillis will be a game-time decision, which could result in only her second missed game at Duke.

The last time these two teams squared off, Duke's Alana Beard led all scoring with 19 points, but the unranked Seminoles have proved to be a tough opponent this year, most recently when they gave No. 10 UNC a run for its money on Sunday before losing 66-60.

The Seminoles are a balanced squad whose leader and leading scorer is senior Tasheika Allen, a 6-foot small forward who averages 14 points a contest. Providing support for Allen is freshman guard Shante Williams and junior post-woman Genesis Choice, averaging 10 and nine points per game, respectively. v"It's the kind of game that you look forward to," FSU head coach Sue Semrau noted. "We're looking forward to being at home."

The Seminoles, despite being in the midst of a four-game losing skid, is 6-4 at Tallahassee-Leon County Civic Center this year, and will certainly give a contest to the road-weary Blue Devils.

Share and discuss “To Seminole country for No. 52” on social media.