Trends: At long last: Lush arrives in America

For the unenlightened the word Lush is synonymous with curvy sex-goddesses and drunks. But we at Recess know that it's also an international bath product/cosmetics phenomenon located in over thirty countries. Shopping at Lush is sensory overload. Soap blocks the size of televisions are everywhere. How much do you want? The Lush employee will be happy to slice off the precise amount, and if you're too eco-friendly for packaging, they'll be happy to wrap it in recycled paper. Most things this environmentally PC sacrifice spunk and glamour--Lush doesn't for a moment. If a typical Bath and Bodyworks store is Abercombie, then Lush is Prada (sans the price).

At Recess we unabashedly admit to being celebrity whores, yet we loved Lush even before we knew the likes of Gwyneth Paltrow, Madonna, Samuel L. Jackson and Jude Law were also fans. It used to be an elusive international indulgence, but as of January, stores were opened in San Francisco as well as Boston. Their press rep. assured us that New York and fifteen other locations will soon follow.

Shower Gel
If the Tramp shower gel isn't your thing they also have Narcotick and Back for Breakfast. At Recess our personal favorite is Slammer intended to "counter the effects of that other kind of slammer, the one with the tequila in it." All are available in frozen chunks for mornings you need to be Elle Woods perky.

Soap
Buffy the Backside Slayer is THE exfoliating bar that will make your skin oh-so-smooth and silky. Demon in the Dark comes covered in a layer of black wax (you peel it off to reveal a minty fresh soap beneath.) Temptation has fresh apple juice listed as one of the ingredients. Lush cautions you not to be "tempted" to taste it.

Bath Ballistics
Lush's most amazing product! Spherical or heart shaped, you drop them in the tub and they explode and fizz. Voila! Your bath is scented and silky. Sex Bomb dyes the water pink with dried roses. Lemon Days and Ginger Beer is named for the obscure "Famous Five" book series and is intended to facilitate adventure with the intoxicating smell of ginger and newly acquired international literacy.

Gifts
Who wouldn't want to surprise a friend with a Better Than a 3Some gift box? For the more conservative recipient other hot choices are Fairies and Flowers and God Save the Clean. With Christmas quickly approaching the Tinsel Town and Body Stocking gift packs are on our wish lists (hint, hint).

Lotions
A black bottle labeled Potion will always raise eyebrows. It attracts even more attention when it is slathered on your legs. Dream Cream is one of Lush's best sellers. Halle Berry purchased six pots at a store in Kensington High Street.

Share and discuss “Trends: At long last: Lush arrives in America” on social media.