Letter to the Editor: Habitat homeowners grateful

We were honored to participate in the celebration that recognized President Nan Keohane's contribution to the Duke-Durham Neighborhood Partnership Saturday. We want to thank Taylor Hayden, Kate Henderson, Mandy Anderson and all the Duke students who are helping build our new home. We are very grateful for the help that Mary Brown and Brenda Evans from Durham County Habitat for Humanity are giving us in becoming homeowners. We also want to thank the Habitat for Humanity staff and volunteers with whom we have been working.

The Duke community has always been an important part of our lives. We are big fans of Duke basketball and even have a picture of Danny Ferry that he signed for us after a game during his final season in 1989. We were happy to greet the Kappa Sigma fraternity brothers in front of the Chapel after they biked cross-country to benefit The Arc of Durham County. And best of all, we were married in Chapel on Oct. 14, 2000.

Because of Habitat for Humanity, owning a home is a possibility for us. With the help of the Duke students, our home is becoming a reality. We look forward to working with the Duke students and Habitat volunteers to finish building our home and then celebrating with our Walltown neighbors when we move in.

We will fly our Duke Blue Devil flag in front of our new home with great pride!

Kris and Ted Katroscik,

Durham Residents

Share and discuss “Letter to the Editor: Habitat homeowners grateful” on social media.