CRIME BRIEFS

Laptop taken from Fuqua

A student reported that between 6 and 7 p.m. Nov. 21, someone stole his $2,300, unprotected Sony Vaio laptop computer in a blue "Duke MBA" case from the Fuqua School of Business' East Wing classroom C.

Cash stolen from locker

A Diet and Fitness patient reported that at 2 p.m. Nov. 19, he was in the men's locker room attempting to gain entry into his locker. He said another patron told him he would open the lock if the patient would provide him with the combination. He gave the patron, described as a white man in his 50s with gray hair, the combination. He said he left the locker room for about 30 minutes, and when he returned $263 had been stolen from his wallet. He was not certain if the patron who assisted him with his lock is the thief.

Student cited for obstruction, failure to produce ID

At 12:20 a.m. Nov. 24, Andrew Lewis Salenger, a junior, was charged with failure to produce his driver's license and obstructing. Salenger entered a restricted parking area on Wannamaker Drive and Towerview Road near the information booth after being forbidden to do so. When the officer was speaking to him, he ignored the officer and drove off at a high rate of speed. His court date is Dec. 4.

"It was a really stupid mistake, and I'm really sorry for disrespecting the officer," Salenger said in a telephone interview.

Hospital patient reports wallet theft

A patient reported that between 11 p.m. Nov. 17 and 10:30 a.m. Nov. 23 someone stole her $50 wallet containing a debit card, prescription card, $300 14k gold ring with a heart in the center and $150 14k gold ring with a "T" in the center of a heart from a purse at 2100 Hospital North.

Vehicles entered in H, N.C. 751 lots

A visitor reported that between 7 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Nov. 28, someone entered his vehicle while it was parked in the H parking lot by breaking out a $100 rear-side window. His trunk was entered by the prying it with a blunt object. A $329 Skill saw was stolen.

An employee reported that between 6 a.m. and 7:41 p.m. Nov. 26, while her vehicle was parked in the H lot near Erwin Road and Anderson Street, someone pried open the passenger's door causing $50 in damage, stole her $175 Kenwood/KDC-127 CD faceplate stereo, serial number 20914341 and caused $50 in damage to the dash.

Another visitor reported that between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. Nov. 25, while his vehicle was parked in a lot on N.C. 751, someone pried open a window and stole his $300 Kenwood/KDC-319 CD player, serial number 20706603 and caused $100 in damage to the console.

A student reported that between 8 a.m. Nov. 19 and midnight Nov. 20, someone entered her secured vehicle while it was parked in the H parking lot and stole her $150 Alpine CD player. There were no signs of forced entry.

Bike swiped from Clinic walkway

A visitor reported that between 7 a.m. and 5:20 p.m. Nov. 25, someone stole her $350 unsecured, red and black Trek/800 mountain bike from the Duke Clinic walkway.

Purse lifted from bus

A student reported that between 11 p.m. Nov. 22 and 2 a.m. Nov. 23, someone stole her $140 Coach purse containing $30 cash, credit cards, driver's license, $30 J. Crew wallet and $100 camera. She later learned that two unauthorized purchases were made on one of her cards. She believes that her property was stolen from inside a Duke bus while at the West Campus bus stop.

Edens student reports threat

A student reported that between 12:01 a.m. and 4:45 p.m. Nov. 26, someone left a threatening message on his door in Edens A.

Jackets thieved

One $60 reversible red and charcoal colored Structure jacket, one $100 Gap black hooded jacket and one $100 black and gray Gore-Tex hooded jacket were stolen from the locker area of Hospital North 9300 between 6:45 a.m. Nov. 18 and 7:30 p.m. Nov. 19.

Belongings removed from Blue Zone

A student reported that between 5 p.m. Nov. 21 and noon Nov. 22, she placed a $50 carpet from her vehicle, a $30 emergency road kit, a $25 tool kit and three $50 pairs of shoes on the ground in front of her vehicle, which was parked in the Blue Zone parking lot. When she returned, her property was missing.

Wallet stolen from Clinic

Someone entered a file cabinet located in Duke Clinic between 8:40 a.m. and 12 p.m. Nov. 20 and stole an employee's $20 wallet containing her credit cards, driver's license and Social Security card. When canceling her credit cards, she learned that one card had been used twice.

Bike and lock pilfered from Aycock

A student reported that at some unknown time between Nov. 10 and 2:02 p.m. Nov. 29, someone stole his Shamano metallic blue bicycle and cable lock, with a combined value of $125, from the Aycock Dormitory bike rack.

VCR taken from Few commons room

An employee reported that between 4 p.m. Nov. 23 and 11:20 a.m. Nov. 24, someone entered the FF-2 commons room and stole a $100 black JVC VCR engraved with "RHLS Few Quad Duke University." The video cables used to hook the VCR to the TV were also stolen. The security cable to secure the VCR was still in the room. About a week ago a DVD player was stolen from the same location.

Crime briefs are compiled from Duke University Police Department reports. Anyone with knowledge about those responsible for these or other crimes at the University can contact Lt. Davis Trimmer at 684-4713 or Durham CrimeStoppers at 683-1200.

Share and discuss “CRIME BRIEFS” on social media.