Giving Thanks in Herre

With the Thanksgiving holiday rapidly approaching, it's important to take time to remember the good things in life. So as we at Recess sit down to our bountiful dinner of potted meat and canned cheese, we'll surely bow our heads and give thanks for these little entertainment gems:

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

It grossed the third-highest box office totals for an opening weekend, ranking just behind Spiderman and--surprise, surprise--Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. It's official: We are a planet of argyle sock-wearing, taped-glasses nerds. Fans of the Potter books undoubtedly responded with a spirited yet nasal cheer, followed by a collective toot on their asthma inhalers.

MMMBop Fatherhood

Taylor Hanson, 19-year-old keyboardist for the similarly named trio, just became a father. Hmm. So you're saying he's married and enjoys sex with women? Well, so much for old theories. I hope the mother is that hot guitarist chick with the braces--what's her name? Isaac?

Ice Cube

He sacrificed his legitimacy a long time ago, and now he's got his eye on the trilogy. Friday After Next, his third installment, may not win any Oscars, but it will certainly go down in history for the cleverest title. Friday, Next Friday and now Friday After Next.. utter genius only rivaled by Robert De Niro's aptly titled sequel to Analyze This--Analyze That. Whoever thinks up this stuff deserves a fat raise.

Double Rs

Nelly's "Hot in Herre" and Christina Aguilera's "Dirrty." I'm not amused. It's not cute, it's not clever--use a dictionary.

Steven Seagal's Hip Hop Connection

First it was Seagal and DMX in Exit Wounds. Now it's Seagal co-starring with Ja Rule and Kurupt in Half Past Dead. Where's Suge Knight when you need him?

Pee-wee Herman

On second thought, nevermind. Happy Thanksgiving!

Share and discuss “Giving Thanks in Herre” on social media.