Progressive Alliance endorses 3 DSG candidates

The Progressive Alliance endorses Brady Beecham for Duke Student Government president, Thaniyyah Ahmad for vice president for community interaction and Troy Clair for vice president for student affairs.

Beecham has proven herself to be an effective leader through the efficient guidance she has provided as president of the Union for the past year. Beecham is deeply committed to encouraging more students' input in administrative decisions. As president of DSG, she will make the organization more representative of and accountable to Duke's student body. Ahmad has significant experience with a diverse array of campus organizations, which has given her a comprehensive understanding of issues and challenges that affect the Duke community. Her energetic and highly motivated approach to DSG has the potential to meaningfully lessen the divides that plague our campus. We have confidence that she will be more than competent in the position of vice president for community interaction. Clair is experienced and effective in working with the administration and students. His innovative and proactive leadership as president of the Black Student Alliance this past year has given us all confidence that he has the skills necessary to be a successful vice president.

The writers are Progressive Alliance members.

Share and discuss “Progressive Alliance endorses 3 DSG candidates” on social media.