Candidates for DSG post, class offices announced

Students running for a student government office and class offices declared their candidacies Tuesday.

Elections will be held April 12 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. for the Duke Student Government office of vice president for community interaction, and for several class offices. Campaigning will start April 2.

All undergraduates, including seniors, can vote for the DSG officer, but only members of each class are supposed to vote in class elections.

Though students will theoretically be able to vote for any office because of the design of the scantron ballots, DSG officials will try to ensure that students only get the voting "key" for the correct election, said Trinity sophomore Rohit Kumar, DSG elections commission chair.

"If someone really, really wanted to try really hard to vote in the wrong election, there's no foolproof way to stop them," Kumar said.

Candidates for vice president for community interaction include Trinity juniors Kathy Davis and Nina Dubey, Trinity freshman Daleep Singh and Trinity sophomore Kirk Peterkin.

Candidates for senior class offices include: president, Trinity junior Dave Karger; vice president, Trinity juniors Dawne Drayton and David Haddad; treasurer, Trinity juniors Michele Traeger and Jared Cantor; secretary, Trinity junior Pam Johnson.

The candidates for junior class offices, all of whom are running unopposed, include: president, Trinity sophomore Wayne Taitt; vice president, Trinity sophomore Josh Lutzker; treasurer, Trinity sophomore Corey Lieber; secretary, Trinity sophomore Zev Handelman.

Candidates for sophomore class offices include: president, Trinity freshmen Mark Evers, John Graham, Edrienne Mason; vice president, Trinity freshmen Jodi Alexander; treasurer, Trinity freshman Peter Tolsma.

Next year's sophomore class president will appoint a secretary because no one is running for the office, Kumar said.

Share and discuss “Candidates for DSG post, class offices announced” on social media.