RECESS  |  CULTURE

Recess 2016 Alternative Summer Playlist

We're cool for the summer...at least we think so.

Tired of the radio's summer smash hits? Did you realize you can actually stop feeling JT's new single or that seems like "7 Years" more accurately describes how long the song has been on track lists? Recess has got you covered. Here are a few tunes on our Spotify that the Recess staff has picked for you to jam out to this summer.

"Kiss From A Rose" – Seal

Great for family and friends and a nice hot day at the beach

"Up Up Up" – Givers

Givers' spirited track is as optimistic as it is catchy. More than that, though, it's got so many distinct sections, this single addition to your summer playlist might as well be several.

“tbh ily (Kidwaste Remix)” – Chet Porter

This is a calming song that has a really unique sound and that's just fun to listen to.

“Safe Till Tomorrow (ft Angelika Vee) (Bee's Knees Remix)” – Morgan Page

This is an upbeat, feel-good song that's not too intense; perfect for just hanging by the pool or driving to the beach.

“Fill In the Blank" – Car Seat Headrest

This song is made to be driven to. Full of paranoia, self-doubt and explosive drumming, it's a powerful opener to Car Seat Headrest's new album.

"U-Turn" – Tegan and Sara

The past few years have seen a flood of 80s-inspired jams, but this may be the one to beat them all. The synths are dazzling, and Tegan and Sara's lyrics meld into the melody so perfectly that you won't be able to keep this song out of your head.

"Vroom Vroom" – Charli XCX

Need a song to blast while you're riding in a "lavender Lamborghini" with your mains? Look no further than this futuristic romp.

“Sunshine All Night” – Gold Motel

This upbeat song is all you need for your summertime adventures, wherever they may take you.

“Keeping Your Head Up - Don Diablo Remix” – Birdy, Don Diablo 

For whatever mood, happy, sad, hungover, this song knows how to speak to you. Trust me.

Share and discuss “Recess 2016 Alternative Summer Playlist ” on social media.