Board of Trustees to hear financial report

The Board of Trustees will be briefed on the status of the University's endowment this weekend.

The Board will convene Friday and Saturday, listening to updates on several academic and athletic ventures at their first meeting of the academic year. As always, the meeting coincides with Founders' Day celebrations, which will take place Friday afternoon.

The Trustees will receive a report on the performance of the endowment over the 2013-14 fiscal year, which ran from July 1, 2013 to June 30, 2014. Duke's endowment is managed by DUMAC, a professionally staffed investment group run by the University. At the end of the 2012-13 fiscal year, the endowment registered as $6.0 billion—the highest it had been since the onset of the economic recession in 2007-08, when the endowment sat at $6.1 billion.

The University is currently in the middle of DukeForward, a seven-year capital campaign with a goal of $3.25 billion. The $2 billion mark was reached this Spring, with each of Duke's 10 schools past the halfway point to its individual goal.

Last month, Duke announced that the 2013-14 fiscal year brought a record high total of philanthropic contributions—$441.8 million, compared to the previous high of $410.9 million, which was set in the 2012-13 fiscal year.

Share and discuss “Board of Trustees to hear financial report” on social media.