Jordan Betts and Robert Huber selected on third day of MLB Draft

For the first time since 2010, multiple Blue Devils heard their names called in the MLB Draft.

Former Duke third baseman Jordan Betts was drafted by the Boston Red Sox in the 18th round on the final day of the event. Eight rounds later, it was Robert Huber's turn, as the right-handed pitcher was drafted by the Oakland Athletics in the 26th round.

Taken 554th overall, Betts ended his career in Durham with a stellar senior campaign in which he hit .316 and roped 20 doubles, good for second in the ACC. His .515 slugging percentage, five homer runs and team-high 62 hits helped the third baseman earn second-team All-ACC honors for the second consecutive year, the first Duke player to accomplish the feat since 1999.

Huber showcased his versatility this season, as the one-time starter made the transition to the bullpen to become the Blue Devil closer. His success out of the pen drew the attention of the Athletics, who drafted Huber with the 792nd pick. The right-hander picked up 10 saves this season and compiled an unblemished 3-0 record with a 2.82 ERA, making him just the fourth player in Duke history to rack up at least 10 saves and at least 15 wins over the course of his career.

Betts and Huber join Drew Van Orden as Blue Devils to be drafted during the three-day weekend event. Van Orden was selected 154th overall by the Washington Nationals Friday in the fifth round.

A pair of Blue Devils who have yet to arrive in Durham were also tabbed by the pro ranks this weekend, including first baseman Justin Bellinger, who was drafted in the 11th round by the St. Louis Cardinals.

Share and discuss “Jordan Betts and Robert Huber selected on third day of MLB Draft” on social media.