Cutcliffe elected to AFCA Board of Trustees

David Cutclife, the American Football Coaches Association Coach of the Year honoree, was one of three coaches elected to the association’s Board of Trustees Tuesday.

Duke head coach David Cutcliffe has been elected to the Board of Trustees for the American Football Coaches Association, the organization announced Tuesday. The announcement came less than 24 hours after Cutcliffe was named the AFCA's Coach of the Year at its national convention in Indianapolis.

“I am deeply humbled to be asked to serve the AFCA in this capacity for a second time,” Cutcliffe said in a press release. “The AFCA is one of the true pillars of this incredible game we call college football, and it will be an honor to help guide our peers into the future. I look forward to the opportunity to work alongside Grant Teaff and the other members of this group to help give back to the sport which has obviously been such a significant part of my life.”

Founded in 1922, the AFCA helps dictate policy and direction for more than 11,000 football coaches across all levels of competition. Among the organization's founders was John Heisman, for whom the Heisman Trophy is named.

Cutcliffe was one of three new members elected to the board this year. The others were Liberty head coach Turner Gill and Southern Illinois head coach Dale Lennon.

Share and discuss “Cutcliffe elected to AFCA Board of Trustees” on social media.