Duke Baldwin Scholars endorse Jones for DSG president, Doytchinov for EVP

Duke Baldwin Scholars are proud to endorse Stefani Jones for DSG president and Nikolai Doytchinov for DSG executive vice president. While both presidential candidates would be great for the job, the Baldwin Scholars believe that Stefani best represents our mission of advocating for women’s rights and all student equality. She has proven to be one of the strongest leaders on campus as vice president of equity and outreach and has accomplished a laundry list of goals by staunchly advocating for student rights and beliefs. She has a broad range of ideas regarding student and campus life that she plans to enact, yet she is also intent on maintaining flexibility and being open to student needs as they arise.

In addition, we feel that she has the best understanding of all student perspectives. We also support her belief that the president should act primarily as an advocate for all student interests on campus, and advocacy is where she really shines. Stefani has proven that she is a capable and effective leader, and we fully support her mission to make real, impacting change on campus.

As for EVP, we endorse Nikolai because he has the knowledge necessary to effectively run the Senate and the vision to make the DSG more receptive to issues directly affecting students. Nikolai is incredibly well versed in DSG and Duke rules and procedures and will be an invaluable asset to the president in improving efficacy and productivity. We support Nikolai’s vision of turning the focus of DSG away from internal affairs and toward enacting legislation that positively and effectively impacts students. He has proven himself to be a strong and proactive leader during his term as vice president of academic affairs and has accomplished an extensive list of goals in a swift and timely manner. Nikolai has taken the time to prepare for the demands of the EVP position and his track record shows that he is more than capable of meeting such demands.

Elizabeth Clark, Trinity ’13

President, Baldwin Scholars

Share and discuss “Duke Baldwin Scholars endorse Jones for DSG president, Doytchinov for EVP” on social media.