Prop bets for No. 10 Duke men's basketball vs. Virginia

Graduate center Ryan Young plays defense in Duke's game against Miami.

The Blue Devils will square off against third-place Virginia Saturday. Ahead of the game, the Blue Zone brings you some can’t miss prop bets:

Duke (-8.5) vs Virginia

In a primetime matchup Saturday, No. 10 Duke will face Virginia in Cameron Indoor with massive stakes in the ACC standings on the line. The Blue Devils, currently in second place with a 13-4 league record, look to further separate from the Cavaliers, who are 1.5 games behind with a 12-6 record. It’s a must win game for both teams: Virginia wants to hold its third-place spot and add to its tournament resume, and Duke wants to stay competitive with North Carolina for the top seed in the ACC tournament. Both teams are also entering the matchup coming off a win — for the Blue Devils, an easy demolition of Louisville, and for the Cavaliers, a tough victory against Boston College on the road. Durham is the final stop on the road trip for Virginia, and perhaps its toughest test. With all these implications, Duke’s momentum and home court advantage will be too much for the Cavaliers in this 2023 ACC championship rematch.

Pick: Duke -8.5

Over/Under 125.5

Historically, Virginia plays at a slow pace with head coach Tony Bennett’s “Pack Line” defense, maximizing possession time and limiting turnovers. The Cavaliers allow just 58.7 points per game, but they also only score 63.7 points per game. In addition, in three out of its last four games, Bennett’s squad has failed to score over 50 points — Wednesday against Boston College is the only exception. 

Head coach Jon Scheyer’s Blue Devils, on the other hand, are the second-highest scoring offense in the ACC, posting an impressive 80.5 points per game. Duke’s backcourt is arguably one of the best in the nation, as all three guards Jeremy Roach, Tyrese Proctor and Jared McCain shoot greater than 35% from the perimeter. The ability to knock down 3-pointers kills the Pack Line — and speeds up the game. The Blue Devils will do just that.

Pick: Over 125.5

Jared McCain over/under 12.5 points

The freshman guard from Sacramento, Calif., has an incredible tenacity that will match the intensity Virginia brings to Durham. McCain does not turn the ball over often, and is an elite 3-point shooter, which is a recipe for disaster for Virginia. The Centennial product had his most notable success against Florida State, dropping a 35-point masterpiece that included shooting 8-for-11 from downtown. His rebounding ability will reduce the number of second-chance points for Virginia, and force them into a fast pace, where he excels. The Blue Devils are 10-2 when McCain makes three or more 3-balls, and expect him to be a major factor in Duke’s success.

Pick: over 12.5

Share and discuss “Prop bets for No. 10 Duke men's basketball vs. Virginia” on social media.