Freshman guard Caleb Foster out for remainder of season with stress fracture

Freshman guard Caleb Foster takes a shot in Duke's game against Wake Forest, his last appearance of the season.

Friday afternoon, head coach Jon Scheyer announced that freshman guard Caleb Foster is out for the remainder of the season with a stress fracture. 

Foster has not played since Duke’s 83-79 loss at Wake Forest, a game where he played only 22 minutes. He averaged 7.7 points and 2.4 rebounds per game in his inaugural season. With injuries to sophomore Tyrese Proctor and senior Jeremy Roach during the season, Foster became a primary ball-handler, starting twelve games. 

His season high came in the Champions Classic against Michigan State Nov. 14, where Foster scored 18 points and was 4-for-5 from deep. The Harrisburg, N.C., native is second on the team in 3-point percentage, shooting 40.6% from behind the arc. 

The Blue Devils will face Vermont Friday at 7:10 p.m. in the first round of the NCAA tournament.

Ranjan Jindal profile
Ranjan Jindal | Sports Editor

Ranjan Jindal is a Trinity sophomore and sports editor of The Chronicle's 120th volume.

Share and discuss “Freshman guard Caleb Foster out for remainder of season with stress fracture ” on social media.